Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Morning

So this morning was one of the first mornings I did not jump on the computer to job hunt and submit my resume. (Yes, as I type this it is 8:18 a.m.-I should have at least responded to 4 job postings by now!!!!)

NO. NO I HAVE NOT.

Instead I fed Branson, put him down to play with his Baby Einstein turtle and I logged onto the computer and decided to check out what was going on with on my fellow buddies who blog. I read my friend Ashley's posting For I Know the Plans I Have For You.

Enough Said.

I have been frustrated trying to find a job and have yet to find it. Sometimes it makes me so upset that I'm suddenly brought to tears. Ashley, herself, is currently in the same sort of situation. Of course the dream for most mothers would be to stay home and contribute monetarily, and still be able to raise the children. For me, my last job came to an end with a sort-of forced resignation. I told myself that after Branson was born I would find something other than retail for a job because the schedule can be quite grueling. You can try to make a consistent schedule, but it usually doesn't work out that way. It's all hours.....7 days a week-yuck! Not ideal if you want to spend time with your family. I keep thinking to apply at all these amazing opportunities to take on a new store. I have all the qualifications, but I know how I get. I have to be the best and get completely consumed in it. That's not very conducive to giving my all as a mother. When I read Ashley's post it once again reminded me that there are plans that God has for me that I know nothing about. It scares me, it worries me, it excites me. All I can do is try these different paths that are set forth before me and maybe I'll figure out where I'm supposed to be going. Hopefully it will lead to a great opportunity that supports a healthy family lifestyle.

1 comment:

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Hey girl. I wish I could give you a super great suggestion on how you can support you family financially and still be with you baby 24/7! As you know, I'm in the same situation too! It's true, the best way to look at the situation is to know that God's plans are better than anything we could put together. The last few days I've decided I'm going to trying and going after what I think he's leading me to. And I'm going to trust that God will shut down any opportunities that is not his will and he will also provide when the timing is right.