Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Fun

This year Donny and I decided to keep it low key for V-Day. We usually do something quite spectacular, or very time consuming. We decided on a trip to the drive-in movies in Scottsdale. When I got home from work on Friday Donny suggested dinner that night at Ra. I got so excited......I asked him if he was sure and he said that he needed to take me out-too cute! It was very surprisng because it was not yet V-Day. It was really great because we got into the restaurant immediately. I think everyone was saving up their night out for Saturday, which helped us out a ton. We ate our yummy sushi, drank a few drinks, drank a few more drinks(we let the bartender-in-training use us for the drinks she was learning how to mix), then we went on our merry way home to watch some tv. I had a great time-it's definitley teh litttle things that count.

On Saturday we headed to the movies. We wrangled up a pizza from Papa John's and some sodas from the Mobile gas station down the road and went on down town for a good 'ol doubel feature. We took my car-a small SUV-and converted the back seat into a comfy bed area to enjoy. We saw Taken and Push. The first was goooooooood, the second-Donny fell asleep in-'Nuff said. Our gifts we gave to eachother were bookends for the Man room/Office/Hunting Themed Room (Idropped teh bookends and broke them the day I bought them and glued them back together-Ithink I did a pretty good job) and a box of chocolates for me.

I, of course, had to get Vista in on the festivities and dress her up. It was a lot of work to get the hearts to stay on her head and prevent her from tearing them up, but I was able to distract her for about 10 seconds to take a few pictures of her.


Just a love puppy.....

....who has had enough!!
My box of chocolates
The manly/hunting bookends
Dinner at Ra
View from the car
The comfy SUV/Bed
I'm so ch-ch-ch-chilly!!!

1 comment:

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Valentine's day sounded like a lot of fun for you. You are so right, it's the little things that count. I think it is so funny that Donny had a man/game/hunting room. Levi has that exact thing! He demanded it when we got the house. He said I could decorate and do anything with the rest but he needed his man and hunting room. I think that Donny and Levi are a lot alike!