Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh Baby? Yeah Baby!!

About 2 months ago I began to have tons of strange dreams. They involved Donny holding a baby, me changing a baby's diaper, a baby crying about something and I had to help it, etc. The following week I was due to get my "monthly". Of course, it did not arrive on the expected day-no shocker there-that's just how my system has always worked. Not really thinking anything of the dreams, or the fact that I was "late"-went on with my day-to-day. My next day off from work happened to be a weekday, so I put myself into cleaning mode: floors, laundry, dishes, the works! I had the TV on all day while I was hustling and bustling about. Low and behold every single show had to do with a baby in some way: Charmed-Piper was going into labor....Full House-Becky tries to tell Jesse that she's pregnant....The Today Show-Nancy Grace talking about going back to work with her twins....Friends-The one where Phoebe finds out she's pregnant. The light bulb clicked: am I pregnant? I really had to go the bathroom so I told myself to hold it-we're going to Target-I've got to buy some pregnancy tests!!!!! I made that trip, came home, and did my thing. 3 short minutes later I found out that I was going to be a mommy. I couldn't be happier! I began sobbing and smiling and didn't know what to do......should I immediately call Donny? Should I call the doctor? Do I need to go buy some prenatal vitamins? Too many thoughts at once. So what do I do when I get worried-call April. We chatted and came up with a game plan, also known as, April calming me down :) I decided that I would come up with a cute way to tell Donny the following night. I was far too nervous and giddy over the next day that no cuteness came to mind. So later that night I simply told him that I took a pregnancy test (3 at this point) and unless First Response was untrustworthy, we were going to have a baby!

So surprise, surprise! We're having a baby :) Now that I'm feeling real well and officially into my second trimester I thought I should blog about it. This little bundle of joy is set to join us March 28, 2010-so probably early April.

There is so much more that has happened in our lives I need to update everyone on and I will get to that quite soon! Until then......thanks for reading

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! I am SO happy for you guys! Our little girl will have another friend to play with! Crazy how everything seemed to have something to do with babies that day, at least it lead you in the right direction! Hope your feeling well!

Michelle said...

awww yay i'm so excited!!!! :) and i cried when i read your story not quite sure why...lol

Macey said...

Congrats Erin-so good talkin' with you the other day-you look great!

Michelle Moser Photography said...

Congratulations Erin! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Robinette Family said...

Congrats!! The Robinette family and the Staples girls are so excited for you two!!!

April and Cameron said...

WHAT?!?!? you're having a baby?!? me too! our babies will be friends...but probably more like cousins! j/k. i am glad you updated your blog - good stroy.

cheryl & rob said...

I'm soooo excited for you Erin! What a cute post! You finally saw the signs. Can't wait to hear more! Love you lots, and I can't wait for March/April!!!! You're going to be a fabulous mother!

chelseahall said...

Yeah I am so excited! Plus its a perk how close in age Baby Grace and Piper will be! Congrats again!!

The Day Family said...

Yipee! So excited for you both! I've been waiting for this blog post!!! Love you all!