Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

What did you do on 4th of July? As my brother put it, "I killed his dreams." So this is how the story goes.....My sister and bro-in-law were in town and staying with my parents. My parents were having a mini BBQ to celebrate and thought we should all go watch fireworks, naturally. So we piled into 3 cars and headed on out to Queen Creek to catch a good spot. It all started out quite lovely as we/I decide we should take pictures of how excited we were to see the fireworks (see pics below). Of course Donny resisted.....and everyone else was game. We searched.....and searched.....and searched-then we missed a ton of good ones because we were following my dad, and passed them all. Finally! We find a spot and park in the Queen Creek High School parking lot to catch a glimpse. Now, I don't know if it was the fact that I was frustrated with looking too long, or the fact that I was extremely hot from being wedged between 2 uncontrollably sweaty men in the backseat of Ape and Cam's car, but that's when it happened-I killed my brother's dreams. The mini conversation went something like this:

Adam: "I wonder how they make fireworks and how they get all those designs and colors..."
Erin: "It's SCIENCE." (I had seen a special on the Discovery Channel)

And with those 2 little words-my little brother's dreams died. He turned to me and said, "Well, aren't you a dream killer? Couldn't you have lied to me and said it's magic?! Or maybe it's Tinkerbell up there waving her wand around? Jeez.....some big sister you are."

Coming from my brother it wasn't that big of a deal-but the fact that he hasn't given up on the dream killing thing for a week IS a big deal. So, this is my formal apology: I'M SORRY :( I never meant to kill your dreams. In fact, I think that special I watched was a complete hoax. I personally believe that it's God throwing out giant sprinkles so that we all are smiling and happy ALL at the same time.


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you guys in so cute!