Friday, July 10, 2009

Meet Herbie

This.....is HERBIE. Herbie has been visiting our house for the past month, now. Though he is not dangerous to us-he's definitely caused quite a scare a time or two.....whether he was flying at our faces or trying to get into our house by way of Vista's mouth-he has certainly out-stayed his welcome. Since I wanted to know exactly what I was dealing with I decide to do some research on my good buddy. Herbie is known as a Paloverde Root Borer and is quite harmless, but the fact that he is quite LARGE does not sit well with me. I actually felt more in tune with nature when I landed on this site: http://fireflyforest.net/firefly/2005/07/09/paloverde-root-borer/ , I had the chance to learn a ton about Herbie and other types of beetles that are native to Arizona. Hopefully you will too!


The Before......

....And the After.......
This was before I had a chance to gain a little knowledge on the poore little guy. May he rest in peace.

No comments: