Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Country Thunder '09

What a weekend we had! First the game, then going to Country Thunder. This is the story.......

Since late December I had decided that we were going to Country Thunder....Donny happily said it was okay with him and he wouldn't mind going since I really wanted to. I asked him to see if his dad was able to get us some free tickets. I was firm on at least going to Friday and Saturday for Tim McGraw and Alan Jackson-just in case I found someone who would go to all 4 days-I was prepared to take vacation time and not work. I was extremely serious about this. I kept bugging Donny to see if my father-in-law got the tickets so that I could buy our tickets if necessary. DG continued to reassure me that we were "in".
About 3 weeks ago Donny says he's been in charge of planning this outting to the D*Backs game for work-little did I know that it was to be on the Friday of Country Thunder a.k.a. Tim McGraw night. The only night we could attend was Saturday for Alan Jackosn. I was okay when he told me but I was baffled when I began to put time lines for the preceding actions together.
I know what you're thinking......it takes some time to plan that kind of social get-to-gether of that magnitude......YOU'RE CORRECT!!!! He had been planning this sucker since February. What DG didn't tell me was that he had never asked his father for tickets and we were S.O.L. Oh no! Not good with me! I had been awaiting this day for quite some time. I'm the girl who grew up on country music-it was the only thing my parents allowed us to listen to besides Christian Music.....I'm the girl who knows the words to every country song out there and all the songs sung by Celine Dion and Josh Grobin (small side note).....I needed to be able to tell everyone that I have been to any concert besides Hanson or N*SYNC......I NEEDED TO GO!
After enough guilt tripping Donny broke down and bought the dang tickets on Thursday of last week. Later that night Pappa Grace called DG and told him he had 2 more VIP tickets. Luckily, our friends Todd and Anissa wanted to go, so we sold our tickets to them. Our VIP tickets were for 9th row seats and were amazing!! It was real cold during the evening concerts, but it was nothing an ice cold margarita couldn't fix. We were able to spend the evening in my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's friend's 5th wheel. So needless to say, everything turned out wonderful!!!













3 comments:

Case said...

HEY!!! I am so glad that I know what your blog is now so I can see what you are up to. It looks like you are having fun too! I know that you have been married for a while but I still have to say it, "I am so glad that you tow got married". LOVE IT.
It's been forev. since I've seen you guys but I know the second that I visit good ol' Mesa and bump into you...we'd be all chummy and remembering old times. haha. Will you tell Donny something for me "don-ald ard-chic-o" it's done in a special accent but I think he might remember haha.
HAVE FUN! You are always welcome to visit Boston :)

Case said...

two not tow*

cheryl & rob said...

Cute scarf! Looks like you guys had fun!!!